[BLOG] PoE Ascendancy Supporter Packs to be updated in value

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] PoE Ascendancy Supporter Packs to be updated in value

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Released recently for their free-to-play MMO game, the Ascendancy Supporter Packs that Grinding Gear Games made available for players of Path of Exile were quite widely criticised for their poor value.

Fortunately it seems like the developers were listening to the feedback, as Chris Wilson took to Reddit only an hour after their launch to apologise for the lack of value of the packs. They contained new Gargoyle Pets, Forum Titles, Portrait Frames, Points and the Awakening Extended Soundtrack; with Ascendancy T-shirts, Art Packs and new Portal Effects also being available in the higher packs. Unfortunately they were also rather pricey for what was on offer.

"Many people are disappointed with the value proposition of these new supporter packs,"  said Wilson. "While I am personally very pleased with the new effects, and handled the pricing myself, I am very ready to admit I was wrong. We will be adding portal effects to the two lowest packs and will be creating new weapon effects to go in all packs (four tiers total). Like with other recent packs, higher packs include all lower effects. The team are hard at work on these new effects and we'll unveil them as soon as we can (next week?)."

Any packs that have already been bought will receive the new content once it has been released as well.

Always nice when a developer listens to its fans, isn't it?
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!