[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Nov 28st

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Nov 28st

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

It's time for the weekly update in what's what in the world of Kickstarter gaming campaigns and we'll start off with the good news first.

Successfully reaching its target the day after my last update, GOAT ARMY is going to get made and distributed to the masses at large. As well Kick Ass Commandos met their admittedly very small target shortly after last week's article and still has plenty of time for more funds to come in before they end their campaign and make their game keys Christmas presents to their backers.

Pankapu has also bypassed the three-quarter mark too with 12 more days to go. It might be a squeak but it has the potential to get itself funded before the deadline comes and passes. The Odds Game is also at the two-thirds mark with 19 days to go to make just over $1,000 AUD.

Of course, there's also always some bad news and unfortunately three previously covered games finished their campaigns way short of their target goals: Vanity's Dawn, Econia and Cold Blooded. The maker of Econia though has updated to say that this is not the last we shall hear of the game, so that's encouraging (the other two had no updates I'm afraid to say).

Also worth mentioning is that GOTY the Card Game after a nice surge at the beginning of its campaign has not done too well in the last few weeks and has 6 days to go to make up an amount of about two-fifths of its goal yet. If you're interested in a game about game development with real life stories from actual devs included, check it out!

---------------

Casting Call: The Card Game BROADWAY

Starting us off this week is the weekly card game, and this time the setting is the centre of the big time stage productions - Broadway!

As a Broadway producer your goal is to put on smash hit, sellout stage shows; but that's the same goal of your rival producers too. The first to put on 3 smash hits wins the game, and you do that by assembling your shows' casts and each Cast Set has a Diva, a Leading Man, an Ingenue, an Antagonist  and two Chorus cards. There are also Understudy cards that can replace any of the others in a set. The game has already been designed and fundraising is only happening so that the printing costs won't price the card game too high for consumers.

Casting Call has a goal of $2,500 and with 33 more days to go it has made $875.

---------------

Blacksea Odyssey

This is a game that takes many elements into one game to create a game set somewhere in time and space.

A "2D top-down shoot ’em up with RPG and rogue-like elements", Blacksea Odyssey sees four hunters competing for the honour of taking down the biggest game around -  the Titan of the Stars - armed only with harpoons and a spear. A space shooter at its core, the developers are going for an experience that combines elements from many of their favourite games and will hopefully have some replay value as well.

Blacksea Odyssey has made $5,442 of it's $10,000 goal with 13 more days to go.

---------------

IRL

This next one is an app game... and I'll admit that i chose it because it was pretty unique in the results of new campaigns.

IRL is an RPG game that is set... erm, in real life. Sort of. Using the app on your phone you can track down loot or your friends, fight, gain experience, scan bar-codes to gain items, sell items and apparently even find rare loot that can be traded in for actual physical prizes (although the ones listed are small like free drink etc, still not to be sniffed at). The campaign page even has a list of suggestions for what you can do with it... and it includes cosplaying which I will get behind 100%.

If you're interested in this one, IRL has a goal of $485,000 with 28 days to go although it has yet to make anything.

---------------

The Adventures of Sam and Hunni RPG

This game is another RPG made in RPG Maker, but it has an adult story included. Although some of that might be due to the references to 'herbs' made.

The titular characters are two deliver baked goods and those 'herbs' to places all over their world. Along the way they deal with the typical RPG road hazards - wild life, monsters, cliffs and your odd bandit... at least until they happen upon a mysterious package containing an item of such power that an evil force is willing to kill them both to get hold of it. The battles are apparently avoidable as well, and the gold is not a problem. There is the small matter of there being just one save point in the game though, so if you relish a challenge this might be worth looking at.

The Adventures of Sam and Hunni RPG has 29 days to go, and has yet to make any of its low target of $250.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!