[BLOG]: WoW 4.3 and the Random RAID Finder

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG]: WoW 4.3 and the Random RAID Finder

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

According to the interview by "The escapist" (which has, btw., been removed from their page but mirrored by mmo-champion, probably because the information has been released too early), the Random Raid Finder will introduce a new difficulty-level of raids and also a different loot.
The next big thing that we'll be doing is the random raid finder. The idea behind this is that it is very similar to the dungeon finder we have now except that it is for raids. There are special rules associated with how that is going to work, the first one is that the raid finder is going to be for 25 person only, it's not a way for you to have 10 person raids, it's only for 25 person. It is cross server we will do some auto match making very similar to how it is looking for dungeon. Another piece is that there is going to be another difficulty level and this raid difficulty - the random raid finder difficulty level - we haven't figured out exactly what it's going to be called but there will be a difficulty level easier than normal mode. You'll end up having this raid finder mode then you'll have your normal mode and your heroic mode. The normal and heroic modes are exactly what they are today.
Now, what does that mean for us? In my opinion, that depends on the item level which will drop in those random raids. If it's the same item level as in the new random hc's, then it's not THAT big profit option for us. But if it's between the random hc-iLvl and normal raid iLvl, then it COULD be heaven for us, because players usually go like this:

Random hc => Normal raid => Hero raid

Now we got another step in between:

Random hc (to get gear + VP) => Random raid => Normal raid => (probably never ^^) hero raid

The good thing about RRF is, that there are lots of players who are in social-only guilds for the sake of their friends, but they're not raiding because ppl have only a few hours of gametime each week and those aren't at steady times (most guilds have steady dates + times for their raids. organisation ftw!). Additionally, if you want to find a good STEADY raid group, you most probably would have to leave your guild (thx to the guild perks). So with RRF, you can stay in your social guild AND find Random-raids way easier than to spam trade channel for hours.

Additionally, there will be lots of ppl who are curious about how RRF works, so i guess we're gonna see a lot of demand for gems, enchants and belt buckles within the first few weeks. And even if epic gems will be released, they will (probably) be too expensive for most players, so they will use the current gems for their gear.

Anyway - i'm happy to read this about the RRF, and perhaps i'm gonna give it a try with one or two of my twinks too.