[BLOG] Romero releases custom DOOM level after 21 years

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Romero releases custom DOOM level after 21 years

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

DOOM was instrumental in the world of PC modding, being one of the most heavily modded games ever, even to this day. It's modding community is still quite active but one of the latest entries comes from quite a source: the co-founder of id Software himself.

John Romero hasn't made a level for DOOM is over 20 years, but he has just released a level that apparently he worked on for "several hours" in his spare time over the last two weeks, announcing its release through his Twiter:

It's been 21 years since I made a DOOM level. Here's my version of E1M8 using DOOM1.WAD. https://t.co/ueKM7gBbXd pic.twitter.com/NlmA9aIALN
— John Romero (@romero) January 15, 2016

Whether it's because he was involved with the game itself or not, the replies so far seem to suggest that it's a good level. It's accessed through that DropBox link and according to the reply given to a fan it works with "most source ports".

So, if you're still into DOOM it seems this new level is one to at least consider giving a go. The fact that it's made by Romero has to count for quite a bit.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!