[BLOG] Rodeo Games closes after disappointing sales of last game

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Rodeo Games closes after disappointing sales of last game

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

It seems that another small studio has bitten the dust. Rodeo Games who were behind boardgame-turned-videogame Warhammer Quest have been forced to shut up shop after the sales of their last title, Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch didn't sell as well as hoped.

Rodeo was founded around six years ago, made of developers from other studios such as Lionhead, EA and Codemasters; and was mainly a developer for mobile platforms, but both Quest and an enhanced-version of Deathwatch found their way to computers through Steam last year.

Their fat was revealed through the Touch Arcade forums where former employee Matthew Spencer addressed those who were wondering about the lack of bug fixes and updates to Deathwatch as of recently:

"I and the majority of the team left four months ago, so [as far as I know] there's no one to offer support or make content. Like most indie developers, you're only as good as your last game, and even though Deathwatch was Rodeo’s highest metric game, it didn't make enough so we had to move on."

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!