[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Feb 21st

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Feb 21st

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Welcome to your weekly update in interesting things going on in the world of Kickstarter campaigns.

As always I'm starting with news to do with previously covered projects and we'll start with the bad news first. Space Revolver did not reach its funding target in time, although the developers have said that they are still planning to release the game onto Steam Early Access soon with multiplayer, but a smaller set of weapons and other things that they plan to add to over time. The funding for Ghost Theory was also cancelled a few days ago as they were running far short of their goal. For now the developers are debating whether to approach publishers to get the game made, or to revise their campaign and relaunch it in a few months. Either way, the game is not dead.

Other not so good news comes from the fact that a handful of other games are looking like they won't be reaching their targets in time, including Project Elliott (and I was really hoping that this one would get made), Dread Bot Factory and Mission to Mars.

However there is some good news to report this week. Invisigun Heroes managed to beat its target with a "huge surge" of attention that pushed it past the goal in the last day or so of the campaign, as well as Poison Bottles having comfortably surpassed its target with 12 more days remaining as of writing. Which Friend and MachiaVillain are also doing well, although both still have a little way to go yet to reach the set funding goals.

---------------

GameSpawner

Now a note before I go into this - this is not a game. It is however a fairly interesting looking game builder, so I've decided to break the rules for once because dammit, it's my article.

GameSpawner is designed to be a game creation tool that allows for more than one person to work on a game at the same time, using real time updating for teams who might not all be in the same location. It's built for those who aren't good at coding and includes a lot of free and editable content to help construct the games. There's also a hope that GameSpawner can be implemented as a learning tool for colleges and other course that require it.

GameSpawner is looking to make £7,000, and has made £225 already with 27 days to go.

---------------

Wounded

Next up is a game that we actually got a press release through for and has launched only recently.

Wounded is a story of a search. You and your daughter Lisa have had a terrible accident and now you are looking for Lisa, in a world of horror and nightmares. Gather clues to avoid falling into the darkness and giving into your terror. The only way to end the nightmare is "to find Lisa and escape or to die. Horribly." It's also got people working on it with credits from games like Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed and Outlast.

Wounded has 29 days left to go and has made €106 of its €15,000 goal so far.

---------------

BEER HERO

Now we have the card game of the week, and its another drinking one, albeit this time crossed over with some hero/RPG elements.

Beer Hero requires you to assemble a team of heroes with stats that vary based on how intoxicated they are. It also requires you as the player to stay sober enough to continue playing. Some heroes fight better drunk, some need to be sober and others have a sweet spot in between. All of this can be altered through playable cards that can raise and lower all stats including intoxication levels. And in case you aren't a big drinker, they're planning to have Lite and Dry versions of the game too!

Beer Hero has made $505 so far of its $7,500 goal and has 29 more days to go on its campaign.

---------------

A Place for the Unwilling

The final game for this week is a sandbox adventure game that is said to take inspiration from Sunless Sea and Majora's Mask.

Set in a city that seems alive, A Place for the Unwilling is the developers attempting to remedy that issue they find with most adventure-filled open-world games - a lot of space that seems empty and devoid of life. So this game will see them fill the urban landscape with characters to meet and engage with as you play.

A Place for the Unwilling has a target set of €20,000 and has 23 days left. So far it has made €7,831.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!