[BLOG] Euro Truck Sim 2 and American Truck to get Steam Workshop

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Euro Truck Sim 2 and American Truck to get Steam Workshop

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

I've never exactly been into playing games like Euro Truck Simulator 2, but watching other people play them is quite funny. It accounts for some of the minor popularity of that game and its cousin American Truck Simulator I'd dare say. Now, SCS Software are working on an update to both games that will add Steam Workshop support.

Euro Truck Simulator 2's update 1.23 and American Truck Simulator's update 1.2 will add this feature, and even though the functionality is currently undergoing some internal testing mod-makers are already creating assets. SCS Software say that they are "looking forward" to sharing the results through a beta once it's ready to be released to a wider audience, and that the beta will be coming in a "couple of weeks".

If you're a modder who wants to get involved there will be a free Steam app released called the SCS Workshop Uploader to help make the process simpler - the developer is currently making a Wiki resource where all the information will be available for you to pick through.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!