[BLOG] #Gamescom2016: Dead By Daylight getting new 'chapter'

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] #Gamescom2016: Dead By Daylight getting new 'chapter'

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

So on the Twitch stream from Gamescom, the developers behind popular asymmetrical killer game Dead By Daylight have revealed that their game is due to get a free update and very soon indeed.

The second 'chapter' named 'The Last Breath' will contain a new killer, a new survivor and a new map, all of which complement each other.

The killer will be called 'The Nurse' and will feature a unique killer ability as do the other killers. The Nurse will be able to teleport or blink across the map, being able to go through walls and obstacles and charging the ability will allow for further distance. The blink will only go in a fairly straight line though, and while the ability is very powerful in combination with the bonesaw weapon they are armed with, it will take a while to learn properly to be as effective as it could be.

The survivor will be similar to most of the other survivors, but given that to escape The Nurse you need to be stealthier she is able to crouch walk a bit faster than the other survivors which gives her the edge on moving while staying out of sight.

The map itself will be a double-levelled building and surrounding area set inside an abandoned asylum. With many walls it'll be good for survivors to hide in but also easier for The Nurse to suddenly blink through a wall behind survivors to strike them from behind.

As well this expansion will be coming with a patch that will fix up many of the common bugs, tweak some other things and add functions that had been asked for - including the ability to rebind keys.

Sound good? Well, it's going to be out very soon. How soon? A few hours from my writing this.

Hope you're ready to run.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!