[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Oct 31st

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Oct 31st

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Welcome to your catch up on what's cool in the list of newly added Kickstarters for games.

To do a little recap on previously covered campaigns though, out of those covered a few weeks back Goblins of Elderstone is the only successful story there out of those that hadn't already reached target when I covered them. They have recently bypassed their goal of $40,000 with 11 more days to go. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of Queer Quest and Creekside Creep Invasion, both of which are going to fall far short of their goals.

Agony

First up (and appropriate for the date) is a survival horror game set in Hell.

Agony sees you play as a lost soul, unsure about who you are and with the ability to take control of other souls and some simpler-minded demons as you try your best to make it through the harsh conditions you find yourself in. The game's campaign page is full of a load of different quotes from different media outlets such as Kotaku, Destructoid and the Daily Dot - so you can tell that the game's had a lot of people looking at it already.

If you're interested, Agony has a target of $66,666 CAD (yes, really) and has made $2,862 with 39 days to go.

PURRKINS

Next up we have a detective game... with cats.

A puzzle-platformer, this game puts you in the driving seat of Cat City's best detective as you try to track down who is responsible for the loss of the city's plans. With areas ranging from the glittering high end areas to the seedy underbelly, you jump, puzzle and solve your way along through the story, as well as collecting items to help you along your way and meeting up with characters who can be talked to, befriended and in some cases romanced too.

PURRKINS has 27 days to go to make its £8,000 goal of which it has raised £26 so far.

The Bird Told Me To Do It

Next up we have a card game where co-operation is needed to progress and build.

The Bird Told Me To Do It is a labour of love from Polish developers in which you build up a tree house for different types of birds by adding 'twigs' to the tree. Plumage cards are needed for scoring, and each twig placed will have an action you need to do - hence the title of the game.

The Bird Told Me To Do It has made £2, 897 of its £4,000 target so far, with 29 days still to go.

Space Wars: Interstellar Empires

Lastly we have a space MMO game, that will be a free-to-play upon launch.

Space Wars will have many different ships with a load of customisation options as you would expect from a game of this genre. You can also customise crews as well, to best tailor your ships' working to your playstyle. The game is a turn-based tactical strategy, with four different factions you can join - each with its own strengths. Venture forth and battle, conquer to gain experience to unlock better ships and upgrades.

Space Wars: Interstellar Empires has 25 days to go to make its $40,000 target. It has raised $5,646.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!