Guild Wars Hall of Monument (Quick Guide)

WiseMasterUk

Guild Wars Hall of Monument (Quick Guide)

Post by WiseMasterUk »

This is just a quick guide I thought I would make to help people fill up their Hall of Monument (HoM) in guild wars. Other than giving players a an extra reason to play guild wars the HoM actually rewards your progress with actual items that you will be able to use in Guild Wars 2. There is 5 five monuments that you can fill up with 8 reward points given for each with the exception of the Honour (maxed titles) monument which has 18 rewards points. Altogether you can attain up to 50 points in total with a new items awarded every point up until 30. Furthermore every 5 points you gain a new title and these go all the way up until 50.

The link below shows all the rewards and titles obtainable from filling you HoM
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_ ... Calculator

But unless you are a very rich player in guild wars getting 50 points is near enough impossible, this is due to the fact that you will need to obtain obsidian armour which depending on how you obtain the items cost in excess of 1 million gold. Furthermore after gaining 30 reward points it is no longer worth getting any more points as they are extremely hard to obtain as it requires maxing out 40 titles including certain PvP titles. Some titles like Cartographer titles can take many hours to fully max out easily in excess of 100 gameplay per continent. but this does go well with the vanquisher title as you can then scrape all the areas with no enemies.

Filling up you HoM:

To quickly fill up you HoM I recommend firstly filling up the:

Devotion:
in order to max out this particular monument you will need a total of 50 mini pets dedicated (including at Least 1 rare and 1 unique)

If you made 8 characters at least five years ago you should have by now obtained at least 40 mini pets, but like most people you would have sold the most expensive ones. but the cost of mini pets in surprisingly affordable. to obtain any 1st year white minipet should cost between 1-5k, 2nd year 4-8k and 3rd year 8-12k. so you can easily obtain 20 minipets for around 90-110k which will give you a total of 5 points persuming you obtained at least 1 rare and 1 unique a total of 5 points

Fellowship
This is probably one of the easier monuments to fill up, because it require very little work and practically no money to obtain hero armour.

To put a hero in the monument you must first upgrade their armour using a collectable item obtained through completing challenge missions:
The challenge mission at Dajkah Intel is extremely to complete with heroes and within 2 hours you can obtain 5 hero armour pieces for Jin, Sousuke, Dunkoro, koss and melonni. furthermore the hero M.O.X. is already upgrade straight when you obtain him and available to put into the monument straight away. Combine this with your ranger character because the monument requires you to have an animal companion for certain points which is very easy to get, i suggest obtaining my favourite a black widow spider pet, or a black moa or pheonix will suffice, this way you will get 1 point for having a pet and an extra pint for having a rare pet

so in total if you obtain all 5 hero armours from Dajkah Intel and the M.O.X. hero, and 3 other heros of your choice combined with a rare pet you can easily obtain an extra 6 points at relative ease and no cost.

Resilience
This can be a harder monument to fill up due to the fact that to max it out you need to obtain vabbian armour costing at least 300k and obsidian costing well over 1000k. but you can obtain a high score in this monument at lower costs.

As you play through the game with you different characters at different time you will have likely given them elite armour (15k armour)so going by this if you have 8 max level characters each with 15k armour you wills till be able to have a lot of points for this monument. furthermore you gain an extra point for having either elite kurzik or luxon armour (but seeing as you will probably be apart of wolf pack samurai if reading this I recommend kurzik armour as we do not like the luxons lol).

so in total 7 elites armours including elite kurzik or luxon will net you another 6 points for your monument

Valour
This is a tricky monument to fill up because it can be extremely expensive to fill up especially if using tormented weapons which cost around 21 ecto (157.5k) each as of now.

but an easy way to fill up this monument is to complete the quest line A War in Kryta as each play through with a unique character will yield an 10 medals of honor (which as used to craft oppressor weapons. so obtaining 8 unique oppressor weapons will take a while but is free!!! and also destroyer weapons are pretty affordable at current merchant prices each will set you back 47.35k.

so in total 8 play throughs of war in kryta with you different characters and 1 tormented weapon and 2 destroyer weapons with yield a total of 8 pionts from this monument at a cost of just over 250k (which you will easily obtain during the 8 play throughs of war in kryta.

Honour
Probably the easiest to obtain a point in the beginning because you get a statue for beating all 3 of the first campaigns for the first time and obtain the protector title for completing all the bonus objectives in each campaign will yield a total of 6 statues altogether. also 3 points awarded for just linking two characters accounts. 2 points for any statue and 3 extra points for 5 statues.

so in total 5 statues and linked characters with provide you with a total of 8 points.

So if you take into account all of these sections given maybe around 500k and about 100 in game hours you can obtain at least 33 points giving you the unlocked items for Guild wars 2.
Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

Re: Guild Wars Hall of Monument (Quick Guide)

Post by Lonesamurai »

Great post Wise, I need to do some of these myself