Diablo 3, stuck online

Diablo 3, stuck online

Post by Guest »

An article that I recently read started with this:

A Blizzard vice president says he's "actually kind of surprised" over the negative reaction many players had to this week's revelation that Diablo III would require a persistent online connection for its single-player mode.

While yes most players “live” online there are still some gamers that don’t have either the money or live in places that don’t have very good or still don’t have internet. When asked about those players:

"What are we going to have to do about those players that are in the offline environment coming into the online environment?" he asked by way of hypothetical. "We said we don't want to look at that... let's just keep everything clean."

Now, just cause you’re constantly playing online and your character isn’t even stored on your computer for single player mode, you can still play alone if you want to. This coupled with the real-money auction house is starting to make me hate Blizzard. Come now folks there’s got to be a better way to do this.

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3640 ... rement.php

Edit: Non underlined words are my own. Sorry for any confusion.
Movian

Re: Diablo 3, stuck online

Post by Movian »

you know the more we wait... and the more i hear about it..... the less i am looking forward to D3....

I mean I have to agree with the author here, not the best move by blizzard on this.... i may even not buy it on principle plenty of other games to keep me occupied at the moment and I'm sure that a few days after release there will be stand alone hacks available... not sure why blizzard is trying to shoot themselves in the foot on this one.
Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

Post by Lonesamurai »

Well I see why Blizz are doing it and linking to the blizz.net realID accounts, not only cos they set up an infrastructure they want to use, but also for this new auction house they are adding...

but still, I can understand people being pissed
Movian

Post by Movian »

thats fine and all... just do it how they used to do it. You make a multiplayer character and a single player character.... just THIS time no single player characters on multiplayer
Jobs a gooden... best of both worlds... no hacking etc and you can still play offline..