[BLOG] Impressions: Wildstar Sabotage Drop

All MMO's, P2P and F2P... As MMO's get more interest and we have shows dedicated to them, or lots of news posts, we will add new sections dedicated to them
Digmbot

[BLOG] Impressions: Wildstar Sabotage Drop

Post by Digmbot »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Wildstar's second drop is here. Sabotage, a 15 v 15 PvP map adds a few new twists to the already fast and frenetic Wildstar PvP formula. For starters, mounts are available for use, significantly changing the mobility of the teams. In addition, each side of the new map, Daggerstone pass, comes equipped with a fusion reactor. Teams are tasked with guarding their own base and destroying the opposing team's reactor. The key to doing this is...bombs. Bombs are dropped off at each base, and players have to pick them up and carry them across the map. While carrying a bomb, they are unable to use mounts, making them much more vulnerable. Teams must guard their bomb carriers while attempting to take down the opposing bomb carrier. In addition, bombs can be stolen and even used to kill enemy players. Added to the chaos is the ability to capture uplinks ranged across the map to call in airstrikes on enemy bases.

During my time with Sabotage, I found the map to be fast, fun and action packed. Wildstar's trademark telegraph system is in full force here with the sheer amount of chaos centered around bomb carriers being a joy to behold. Queue times were short and the map ran with almost no lag. In addition, I was able to turn in credible performances with both my level 50 and my level 30 characters, as the map automatically scales all players to the same level. This keeps the mode fair, while still allowing for PvP gear and stats to work well. And fun it is. If you play Wildstar, the drop is free and you should definitely check it out.

See Sabotage in action:

-Digmbot