Windows 7 Speech Recognition Review

Movian

Windows 7 Speech Recognition Review

Post by Movian »

Recently I've been playing around with built in windows seven speech recognition system. After some playing around it I thought I should do refuse to the role of you can review my findings . As such I decided to do the entire view using the windows speech recognition system and not allowed to make any corrections. This way you can get a good feel for just how accurate the system can be. While I am the first to admit that the system is not perfect it does do a very good job of figuring out woud I'm trying to say. At the moment it is still faster for me to type however I'm sure my spelling is much more accurate 1:00 AM using the speech recognition. Lonesamurai is currently listening to meet dictate this review and is laughing at me from my previous comment. However well the dictation portion of voice recognition is quite impressive the real reason I've been looking into it is the number of commands I can give to windows directly. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I turn my computer on and ask it to run word, and then watch those were 2007 opens forming. On top of that I've managed to write my own speech macros which allow me to do custom sets of commands based on my own words and phrases. For example am now able to control windows media player by simply saying "Play somthing by Metallica" or "Play The Black Album". Only to watch windows media player select a team track from one of the aforementioned selections. I've also configured certain options for my work such as connects the server which launches remote desktop to our terminal server.
But I will let you be your own judge if you have a Windows Vista or windows seven installed. Then you can turn on speech recognition from your control panel. And if you're feeling adventurous than you can google four speech macros which will allow you to set up your own custom voice commands.

Let me know what you think of this review and how well speech recognition did and dictation.

~Movian