[BLOG] Witcher 3 gets delayed until next year

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Witcher 3 gets delayed until next year

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Witcher fans have been looking forward to the next installment in the series, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for a time now. The hype grows more for every new trailer and piece of information about the game released. So the news of a 3 month release delay couldn't have gone down well. The reason behoind it though is that commonly-heard one for delays nowadays - they need the time to iron out the bugs.

CD Projekt RED’s CEO Marcin Iwinski said that they were using the time to run optimisation in various areas of the games and stamp out the final bugs. It should result he says, "in a smoother and more engaging experience and, yes, the game looking better across all platforms." For now the content is locked so no changes are to be made to the actual content and story parts of the game, which are the bits we're going to be engaging with during the game and are at the core of any good RPG - especially an open-world one such as this. Iwinski says that The Witcher 3 will have "enough gameplay to keep you playing for weeks."

As always I maintain that this delay is only a good thing. After all when a game releases with major bugs you're going to hear about it thanks to the gaming media, and this year has recently brought us a nice big scale game with many bugs of which I've written a lot of articles on as the story developed and evolved (I'm sure I don't need to tell you which one). More time spent on making sure a game works might mean more waiting for the gamers and more cost for the developers; but when a game releases late and works excellently as opposed to on time and is in some way broken it benefits the gamer and the developer in the long-term.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!