[BLOG] UK games industry had a good 2014 financially

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] UK games industry had a good 2014 financially

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

The results are in for how much money digital distribution of the video game on PC made for the industry in the last year, and it's pretty good news. At least if you enjoy knowing that the industry is healthy.

Digital distribution has seen the UK games industry's sales up by 7.5% in 2014 when compared to figures from 2013. Digital sales on their own have risen by a significant 18.8% over the 2013 figures, with the total figure for it standing at a fairly impressive figure of around £1.5 billion for the year. Boxed copies were down by around 6.6% compared to 2013's figures which seems to suggest that digital continues to be the chosen method by which people choose to receive their new games.

Overall the UK games industry made around £2.452 billion in 2014, which as I said above is good news for those of us who enjoy seeing the industry of our preferred entertainment healthy and thriving. Especially when compared to the other two main entertainment forms, which both saw a slight drop with music sales down 1.6% and movie sales down 1.4%.

Who says video gaming doesn't appeal to the general public?

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!