[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Oct 24th

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Oct 24th

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Welcome to your weekly Kickstarter round-up.

Starting off as always with a review of games I've covered in the past, Home Free has 6 days to go until campaign end and has reached its next stretch goal; adding cats to the cities for your low-poly puppies to interact with although it won't be possible to play as a cat. As expected Aberford didn't reach its funding target in time, and pretty much all of the projects from the Round-Up of Oct 9th have more than half of their totals to make up in just under two weeks.

Of last week's selection only GOAT ARMY is close to target, having less than €300 to make up in 29 days.

---------------

Crematory Bot

First up is a little mobile game with a simple task: set alight and burn corpses of monsters and fallen heroes to gain loot for your master. Also you play as quite a cute but angry looking little fire-spitting robot and that's just cool.

Crematory Bot tasks you with charring the corpses being produced by a war without letting a single one past, collecting loot pick-ups as well as upgrading The Bot through collecting enough scrap pick-ups then using them to generate a randomly selected upgrade for The Bot. Each corpse will have some different attributes and you'll even get to face 'boss-level' corpses. Makes a difference to play a game where your 'enemies' are technically already dead!

Crematory Bot has made nothing of its goal yet, but it has a target of only $300 to make in 27 days.

---------------

Super Axe Boy

This game's page describes it as "a love letter to platform games". As someone who grew up with a number of good platformers, that's appealing.

Super Axe Boy will feature a combination of 2D and 3D levels, sometimes switching between the two perspectives in the same level. The creator is advertising that the game could be available for many platforms both computer and console but the console versions are only going to be made if their stretch goals are met in time. It'll feature pop culture references and some leaning on the forth wall and has a silly story that sees our hero and his sidekick Bebop as the sole people not abducted by beaver-like aliens for the purposes of slave labour/meat products.

Super Axe Boy has a target of €25,000 of which €5,297 has already been raised with a further 26 days to go.

---------------

Dusty Raging Fist

I admit it, this one caught my eye because the hero is an anthropomorphic kick-ass rabbit. Who doesn't like battle bunnies?

Dusty Raging Fist is a beat'em up action game with 3 player co-op play, both locally and online and is actually the sequel to a 2014 Steam game; Dusty Revenge. It follows the heroic lapine Dusty and his allies as they fight their way through levels, using their hands and feet to fight as well as picking up elemental power pick-ups to use against foes as well. The three have been sent on a quest to acquire elemental powers from the world's Guardians to fight an evil that resides in the dark Catacombs.

Dusty Raging Fist has 27 days to go and has made $3,988AUD of its $60,000AUD target so far.

---------------

Fanthoms

Wrapping it up with a tabletop board game with miniatures this week, one that includes a group of players working against one 'game master' player. Those are always fun.

Fanthoms is described on its Kickstarter as "a cooperative adventure game, with miniatures, in which a group of players fight against hordes of undersea monsters controlled by a game master". It features either a campaign to help players grow their characters and acquire skills to help them deal with the undersea terrors and hull breaches or a number of stand-alone scenarios that have been included in the game for game masters who are a little less sure of crafting their own. Each game comes with five character miniatures, several monster miniatures, a series of weapon cards and a foldable game board, although you can only receive this core game if you back at $60 or higher.

Fathoms has 26 days to go to make a $35,603 goal (I know, it's not a nice rounded number for once) and has made $5,022 so far.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!