[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Dec 6th

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Dec 6th

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Welcome to your weekly update on gaming Kickstarters.

Starting off with the bad news, two of the previously covered Kickstarters have had their funding cancelled. IRL and GOTY the card game have both had their funding cancelled this week. While there is no update on why IRL was cancelled, chances are that the maker was afraid such a concept could be a hard sell to backers. GOTY though was cancelled because the team didn't see themselves reaching their goal in time. They have said they will try against next year though, placing their campaign in a time of year in which it might be more likely to meet its target, and I can't wait to see it come back.

Tunnels & Traps and Apocalypse Hotel are also in trouble, with little time remaining on their campaigns with a bit to make up still. Go check them out and back if they take your fancy - they need the support you can offer! Blacksea Odyssey also has a mere 5 days to go on its campaign but has only a $1.5k gap to make up in that time, which is a bit more doable. Feel free to go support it as well if you can.

In happier news though, after many weeks of campaign and with 4 days to go, Pankapu has just reached its $40k goal. Well deserved too, the game looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it as a full game. Well done to Too Kind Studio and good luck!

---------------

Canvas

The first game I'm showcasing today is one that I'm showing off because I like the idea behind it.

Canvas is a game about a girl. A girl along in a totally blank and empty white world. The only thing that has any power is the girl's thoughts and as she interacts with more things, she can create more of the world around her starting from the simple and leading up to the more complex. The game's graphics aren't brilliant to be honest, but it's certainly worth a look at if you're into different things.

Canvas is running for a further 28 days and it has made £5 of its £5,000 goal so far.

---------------

Smiling Bear: Attack

This is an entrant into game making through the children's game market and is quite sweet actually.

You play as the titular Smiling Bear, who only has one mission in life - cheer up those who are sad through the use of pink hearts. It's a child-friendly shooter game which the developer created with his children, hoping to get them interested in the creative process and to just have some fun with them. He is now sharing it with the world and is fundraising for the licensing cost which isn't very high at all.

If you fancy helping out, Smiling Bear is asking for $250 and has already made $130 of that with 29 more days to go.

---------------

First Contact: X-Corps Tabletop RPG

Filling the weekly 'card game/tabletop game' slot for the Round-up is this RPG that focuses on an Earth fighting a hostile alien force in the near future.

Play as either a member of the X-Corps defending Earth or an ordinary person trying to live through a life disrupted by the invasion, which while not a big full-scale one consists of big targeted attacks on important cities and populated places. Some places have even fallen into anarchy and chaos by the time the game gets going. There will be a setting book provided with all the details needed to play the game.

First Contact has made €4,111 of its €10,000 goal with 33 days to go.

---------------

Wanda - A Beautiful Apocalypse

Finishing this week, we have a cute little game about two robots trying to find hope and friendship on a ruined planet. Aww.

Aiming to make an 'end-of-the-world' setting game filled with a more positive and innocent outlook, the campaign page for Wanda says "Witness the story unfold, solve mini-puzzles and join this little adventure. Experience a whole new perspective of a ruined wasteland through a charming art-style reminiscent of a children’s book and delightful soundtracks." I'm all for a game that makes you happy, even when the world's gone to pieces.

Wanda is asking for $2,000 AUD and has 29 days to go, having made $981 so far.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!