[BLOG] Fallout 4 beta patch 1.3 now available on Steam

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Fallout 4 beta patch 1.3 now available on Steam

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Fallout 4 was wildly popular when it launched, and it still is. Maybe the hype's died down a little but it's still a very well-played game right now. Bethesda knows how to hold an audience. However, the game is still prone to strange and amusing bugs from time to time because... well, it's a Bethesda game.

If you're opted into Steam's beta updates feature though, you'll be pleased to know that the next patch is being implemented to rid the game of more bugs as well as bringing in some new options such as a status menu for your settlers.

The full patch notes can be discovered over on the relevant topic at the Bethesda forums, but a number of things stand out for me because of how I play the game. As well as the afore-mentioned menu snapping for settlement building parts has been made a bit easier, and their handling with a gamepad smoother. There's also been a fix for NPCs getting stuck in Power Armour which I'm hoping means I can recover the one set that I had a settler climb into who has so far refused to get out. The bug that causes settler numbers to display incorrectly has also been fixed, and while it doesn't specifically mention the Pipboy that is the only place I can think of that the numbers ever displayed inaccurately.

Of course, I play around with Fallout 4's settlement building a lot so maybe none of this means as much to you. If you're the quest completer sort then this patch also comes with a long list of quest bug fixes, including some that stopped quests getting completed and some that would lose companion options or even in once case caused Dogmeat to get stuck in a location if he was your companion.

If you want to give it a go but aren't opted into the beta updates then follow these steps:

• Right click on Fallout 4 in your Library
  • Select Settings
  • Select Betas
  • Select Beta Update from the drop down menu
  • Select OK.
  • Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.

Running the same process and opting out on the drop down should pull you back out if you want to reverse it.

Otherwise safe to say this patch will come out of beta soon enough and fix the bugs for those of us who don't wish to opt into the beta update program.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!