[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Jan 23rd

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Jan 23rd

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Hello and welcome to your weekly update on what awesome stuff you can find in Kickstarter's gaming campaigns.

As always, we'll start with some updates. There's not much to update with only last week's campaigns to catch up with, but half of last week's campaigns were cancelled in the last week. Firstly Code War was cancelled after the developers listened to feedback suggesting they update their page with more content, but they have promised to tell us when they relaunch their campaign page so stay tuned for more. The other game to see cancellation is King of the Hill which has been called off for similar reasons as the developers call a 'timeout' to work on their game a bit more before they re-launch the campaign page.

---------------

Ghost Theory

First up is a ghost hunting adventure made for VR, and that's something I never saw myself writing this week.

Ghost Theory places you into haunted places with ghost hunting gear and challenges you to investigate their hauntings while evading the nasties residing there... and potentially eliminating the ghosties entirely. Stealth aspects are apparent as well as open-world mechanics and each location will have a backstory to discover. Sweet.

Ghost Theory has 27 days to go to make a £100,000 goal of which it has made £4,848 so far.

---------------

Dread Bot Factory

Next up we have a game that take inspiration from two popular games of yesteryear - Megaman and Metroid.

Dread Bot Factory sets you in one big level and challenges you to open up different areas to reach bosses, customising your character AI to fight and for some other mysterious purpose that is not yet clear. It's also possible with your customisation to play through the game in a number of different ways, so unless you try no two playthroughs should go exactly the same.

Dread Bot Factory has made kr400 SEK of its kr420,000 SEK goal and has 29 days to go.

---------------

#FML

This is my weekly card game and it's a party game about... tweeting?

#FML can last as many rounds as is decided upon and the point of the game is to have the fewest points at the end. To avoid points, you need to be the fastest to place a white card that matches the colour of the black card that is in play - or failing that use the hashtags on the cards to craft something funny, witty or insulting like you'd see on social media!

#FML has a goal of $13,500 of which it has made $295 with 27 days to go.

---------------

Mission to Mars High Definition 3D Simulation Game

Lastly we have a game that is more about exploring than playing.

Mission to Mars will involve an accurate game-playable replica of the planet Mars in which you can explore. Develop your crew as you explore and make decisions that will lead to survival or death of those under your command as you play. The end goal seems to be terraforming a part of the planet for human life, but obviously that will take a long time and needs a lot more accomplished first!

Mission to Mars has made $2 of its $100,000 goal and has 29 days to go.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!