[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Feb 14th

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Feb 14th

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Hey everyone and welcome to your weekly (mostly...) helping of what's going on in the world of Kickstarter gaming campaigns.

We'll start as always with the updates and really, it's not looking pleasant all round at the moment, which just lends evidence to the theory that now is not the best time to launch a campaign for a game. Both #FML and Goblin Glory have had their campaigns cancelled with their totals ending up far short of their targets, and Space Revolver has at time of writing a few hours to go until the deadline with a lot of money to make up. Other campaigns like Project Elliott, Invisigun Heroes, Mission to Mars, Ghost Theory and Dread Bot Factory all have a few days to go but again steep hills to climb.

It's happened before that a game manages to steeply climb in their last few days but with so many struggling, I have to wonder how many will be marked as failed when I report next week.

---------------

Null of Hope

First up this week we have a virtual reality trip in retro-style gaming

Null of Hope is to be a game that will be fully VR compatible, although it can also be played without the use of virtual reality - which is good because many people still won't have access to that technology.It's described as a retro 'list and click' RPG and one of the listed features is "Fully authentic 90's environment that changes with the game". Interesting.

Null of Hope is asking for $50,000 and has 29 days yet to go to reach it. It has so far raised $64.

---------------

Poison Bottles

Next we have a card game about trying to score the lowest points possible while sabotaging opponents' boards to have the score higher.

Supposedly taking elements from many classic card games, each player will have a board of 9 randomly chosen cards which they have to try and make score as lowly as possible. The poison bottle cards are there to mix it up though and can turn a potentially winning board into a losing one.

With 19 days to go, Poison Bottles has a $850 target to reach.

---------------

Villains & Henchmen

Now we have a card game where the objective is to work together, while at the same time trying to come out on top.

Villains & Henchmen is for 1-4 players and sees you attempting to free a world famous evil villain from imprisonment as fellow villains and loyal henchmen. In the course of the game you will overcome obstacles placed in your way by heroes, gain new powers and take on these heroes personally. Of course, even if you're trying to work together for a common course, you're still an evil villain who wants to be the top of the pile and win the game overall.

Villains & Henchmen has made $2,905 of its $10,000 goal, with 42 days to go.

---------------

MachiaVillain

Another game with 'villain' in the name, my brain must be trying to tell me something... anyway, this is a building and 'architect' management game in which you manage a haunted house.

Build the manor, raise monsters to unleash within it and set traps, all in the name of slaughtering anyone foolish enough to wander inside. The people behind this one were also involved with Freaking Meatbags, so there's some history of other games behind this developer.

MachiaVillain needs €23,000 to reach its goal, and with 26 days to go it has made €6,193
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!