[BLOG] LMAOBOX cheaters VAC-banned

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] LMAOBOX cheaters VAC-banned

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

For those unaware, LMAOBOX was a program designed to let players cheat at Valve's popular shooter game Team Fortress, including among other things automatic aim and the removal of weapon recoil. Somehow for years it's by passed Steam's VAC banning system, but now the use of it has caught up with a lot of users both current and previous - a wave of bans have just gone out despite the website for LMAOBOX claiming it was VAC-proof.

The full list can be found here, and includes a 'roster list' of professional players who have been caught. Yikes.

The author of LMAOBOX apparently stated that they were about to quit the project and would make the source code public, although some dispute the validity of that and say that the proved public (and fake) code was riddled with malware. Others say that the bans weren't as far reaching as Valve made out, only catching those who used it in the last two weeks as opposed to the last two years.

However, since cheaters tend to be the scourge of any multiplayer gaming community, I doubt many people are crying at the loss of the number of cheats who've been caught out.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!