[BLOG] Planet Coaster's 'guest brains' detailed in dev video

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Planet Coaster's 'guest brains' detailed in dev video

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Frontier's theme park builder game Planet Coaster will be out in a few weeks, and the devs are releasing videos of information for those who want to know more before they play. The latest one talked about the guest AI or 'guest brain' as they referred to it.

As you'd expect, the guests you attract to your park will have needs and wants to fulfill and part of your job is to make sure there are places to satisfy those needs whether it be using the bathroom or getting something to eat. They'll also be taking in what is around them and reacting to them, as well as making plans. They'll be doing things like factoring in where they want to go, how they can get there, whether they want to save time by spending to use a transport ride or save money by walking and get there with less time to enjoy it. Visitor groups and what type they are will also make a difference to those wants, as a family might go for the more children-friendly rides while teens and young adults might seek out the most thrill-seeking roller coasters and water rapid rides possible.

Either way, it all sounds really quite cool. If like me you can't wait to play the game, November 17th is the game's release date. If you pre-order the special edition though, one of the bonuses is early access from November 9th.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!