[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Dec 5th

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Dec 5th

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Welcome back to the weekly Kickstarter gaming campaign round-up, where I point out some of the interesting things happening right now on Kickstarter.

As always we start with updates on previously covered campaigns, and we'll start with the good news. Goodwill, The Bird Told Me to Do It and A Little Less Desperation have completed their campaigns this week, successfully, both finishing on Dec 2nd. Agony meanwhile has 4 days to go, and has made over double its target - so we can hopefully expect great things from that game if things go to plan. DämmerLicht has also already reached its (admittedly very small) target since I covered it last week, so well done to the developers of that game. Finally, Dragon Skies VR, the campaign that was offering the game for $1 to every person who backed has finally concluded with a total of $811 pledged. While not an intended use of crowdfunding, it's an interesting and clever way for them to build a small community for their game off the bat.

Of course, as always there are some campaigns not doing so well. Space Jammers is just over halfway to their target with only 70 hours to go; and the campaign for Overstep was cancelled 3 hours before time of writing as the team behind it felt that they needed to regroup to better explain the game in their next campaign. However this week we have a first in that one of the campaigns I previously covered now redirects to a page saying the the campaign is unavailable due to an intellectual dispute - Bergnein. As the game is based on a real-life place, it's possible that the owners of the club were not happy to have their club represented without permission and have contacted Kickstarter about it. Stay tuned for more news on what the future will be for this game.

Bitdude

First up, we have a VR game that retells a well known game from another point of view.

We're all aware of that classic dot-munching game aren't we? This game tells the same story but from the point of view of one of those dots. Bitdude sees you play as the 'bit' aiming to collect and liberate your other bit brethren before 'Chompman' can get them to try and satisfy his everlasting hunger. You're also able to eat the fruit before Chompman too.

Bitdude has a $125 goal, and has made $85 of that so far. It has 25 days to go.

Blanco

Next up we have a simplistic little 3D platformer.

Blanco is a little platformer made in Unity, made to be simple and not overly complicated. There's not a great amount of information available on the page, but the developer wants to make 32 unique levels for the game. They estimate a release around mid-year of 2017, but say it depends on how well the campaign does.

Blanco has a $1,000 goal, of which it has 29 days left to make. It has yet to raise anything.

Project: Liberty

Next up is an open-world survival and RPG.

A popular genre, Project: Liberty sets you in a world where you are free to do as you please - be a citizen, join a faction, travel, work, scavenge. The developer is not planning to add any sort of story because they want the players to have full freedom in what they do in the game. The world of Monroe will be populated by other players and actions will have effects on not just the player but the area around them, other players and even players who happen upon some stuff later on long after the actions have taken place.

Project: Liberty has made $150 of a strangely unrounded total of $147,592. It has 28 days to go.

One Up This

Lastly we have our card game of the article, and one about telling stories. Something I can always get on board with.

One Up This takes the social gathering situation where a group of friends starts telling stories about things they've seen or heard happen, and makes a game out of it. Each card has a situation on it such as "Tell a story about a bad date" and then each player takes turns to tell a story relating to it. The group then votes on the best story of that round and at the end the person who won the most times is the over-all winner of the game. Simple really.

One Up This has 27 days to go, and has made $1,093 of its $12,000 goal.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!