[BLOG] Smashdate! #2: Lucario is Let Loose

poultergeist0

[BLOG] Smashdate! #2: Lucario is Let Loose

Post by poultergeist0 »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Smashdate! #2 and a returning favorite is causing some controversy among gamers (not to mention among us) so in this smash date we will take a look at the contender and also some of the stages that you’ll be using to smash your friends into the floor.

The Fighters Return:

Lucario

This puppy ain’t rolling over for no one; Lucario is back for a second round his Aura powers make him an odd beast to tame. In Brawl Lucario made his appearance to mixed review due to: 1. Replacing MewTwo in the roster and 2. His peculiar fighting mechanic where the higher damage percentage Lucario Suffers the harder he hits back. Now this is great for someone like me who’s main brawling strength is his uncanny and somewhat frustrating ability to stay on the stage regardless of damage. So for me Lucario can pack a massive punch but needs alot of time to build up his power. But my god when you hit the 200%+ mark and set off an aurora beam shit will hit the fan.

Now obviously Lucario’s announcement has come with a bitter sweet taste as a lot of Brawler were looking forward to getting to play as MewTwo again after the release of X and Y. But all hope is not lost we still have a way to go and a load more characters to see.

What do you guys think MewTwo vs. Lucario sounds pretty cool right?

The Stage is Set:

Animal Crossing
Image Image
This stage appears to be set on a floating platform above the Town of Animal Crossing. The stage appears mostly flat with a stage area at the rear for the games cameo character like KK Slider. It looks pretty similar to the Brawl Stage so should be a pretty simple stage to get to grips with.

Willey’s Stage

Image Image
Set outside Dr. Willey’s Castle Megaman's home turf is shaping up to be a good choice for brawlers with very flat ground and not a lot of distractions. In most screen shots you will clearly see Yellow devil now I’m hoping this is due to the adventure mode as having Yellow devil flying round the stage will cause havoc with Brawlers. It’ll make for a fun stage but not a fair fight.

The Stadium

A boxing ring is always a safe bet for a fair high impact fight, the lack of a drop off does make this stage allot more interesting than it initially appears. This means that contenders will really have to rack up the percentage in order to perform vertical and O.B. Smash kills

Skyloft
Image Image Image
Everyone’s favourite Zelda game makes an appearance in this instalment, now I know Skyward Sword may have left an odd filling with classic Zelda fans but damn if it wasn’t pretty. The screenshots don’t show allot of the actual stage bar the different angles of the back ground meaning the main stage must be moving … Beadles airship anyone.

So that’s your Smashdate! For now please remember to let me know your hopes for the Smash game in the comments below.

So whilst you all go back to your normal lives I’ll just be sat here hoping to catch a faint whiff of Garlicy goodness (he has to be out there somewhere I shall keep believing)