[BLOG] Smashdate! #4: You Can’t Go Wrong With Diddy Kong

poultergeist0

[BLOG] Smashdate! #4: You Can’t Go Wrong With Diddy Kong

Post by poultergeist0 »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Smashdate! #4 is bringing you honey roasted hell, this contenders Legume Ladened Lethality is joining the fight. And this week’s stages are out of this galaxy.

[*ALARM*]

A Challenger Approaches

Diddy Kong

Kart Racer, Jungle Japer and Sidekick extraordinaire returns for his second round battle. Diddy Kong is a small and fast character with some ok ranged attacks. His strength lies in his speed and various barrel themed gadgets, not only does his barrel jetpack pack a punch but it makes for a precise recovery allowing skilled players to avoid edge guarders with ease. Diddy is seen still packing his peanut guns and again these are no ordinary blasters, you will have to charge for distance and damage but be warned over charging will mean that it’s not just the nut that gets roasted.
Diddy Kong although a lovable childhood mascot is not one for those new to smash as his move set can be pretty risky at times. But with practice you’ll be popping peanuts all over the battlefield.

Image Image Image

The Stage Is Set

Super Mario Galaxy

Image Image Image
Although there’s not a great deal to decipher from this stages screenshots on thing is certain that backdrop looks awesome with majestic celestial bodies twinkling as you attempt to re-enact that scene from gravity on your friends (you know the one … the one that makes you never want to go to space). It appears that this stage will be mostly flatland with a few floating platforms making for a pretty basic stage. What I’d like for this stage to be is a spherical base with Galaxy-esc gravity so combatants stick to all sides making for some crazy upside-down battles.

Pikmin

Image Image Image
The Pikmin stage takes heavily from its environmentalist source material, with watery swamps, rocky crevasses and giant flying onions. The exact layout is unclear from the screen shots but if it’s anything like the Pikmin stages we’ve seen in the past it’ll provide a tough challenge with dynamic landscapes that will keep you on your toes.

So one of our childhood greats is back for his second round, donning his vest and sweet Nintendo cap, this chimp is one that’ll warm your hearts then pound your face. But still I’m left with a tear in my eye (unfortunately not from the stench) that my main is still hiding in the slightly smelly shadows. Where are you WAAAARIOOOO???