PAX 2011: Guild Wars 2 to allow more open guild membership

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

PAX 2011: Guild Wars 2 to allow more open guild membership

Post by Lonesamurai »

For the average MMO player, this isn't really news, but for Guild Wars fans, this is huge. As announced during PAX Prime this weekend, Guild Wars 2 will allow multiple guild affiliations on your game account. Each character on that account will still need to belong to the same guild (as in Guild Wars 1), but unlimited guilds per account allow you to join various groups of friends with the same characters.

As it is over any unconventional game feature, the community is split. On one hand, it will be liberating to have the opportunity to join large, small, hardcore, casual, and roleplaying guilds with the same character. But on the other hand, some players believe it will fragment dedication and dissolve the attention needed for a specific guild -- like a family.

Like we do with every newly announced feature for a high-profile MMO, we want to know how you feel about this. Let us know in the comments!
WiseMasterUk

Re: PAX 2011: Guild Wars 2 to allow more open guild membersh

Post by WiseMasterUk »

This sounds like a useful feature, but it does not really bother me as I will be primarily playing in the greatest guild wars guild of all time Wolf Pack Samurai. but this could be useful for other players that we used to like draft in for GvG using guest invites.
Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

Re: PAX 2011: Guild Wars 2 to allow more open guild membersh

Post by Lonesamurai »

WiseMasterUk wrote:This sounds like a useful feature, but it does not really bother me as I will be primarily playing in the greatest guild wars guild of all time Wolf Pack Samurai.
Amen brother, Amen