[BLOG] Sledgehammer urge CoD players not to engage in 'toxic behaviour'

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Sledgehammer urge CoD players not to engage in 'toxic behaviour'

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Yet another Call of Duty game is out, with Advanced Warfare garnering some positive feedback for trying to update the same old formula that CoD is fond of re-using every release. Seems there are some other things about CoD Sledgehammer would like to change - namely its reputation for being the go-to game for toxic behaviour.

“In the fringes of a lot of areas of society there are examples of people behaving poorly,” he said. “I certainly wouldn’t characterise the community of fans I know and had the pleasure to engage with as toxic or misogynistic.” Slegehammer's Michael Condrey told BBC Newsbeat.

The types of toxic behaviours being talked about include anything from 'inappropriate emblems' to misogynistic abuse. Condrey urges players not to engage in anything that could be damaging or hurtful to other players while playing online.

"I don’t want that around," he said. "Come to the game to have fun, come to be social, come to enjoy and build a community and have a positive energy." He warned that, “Sledgehammer Games have pretty low tolerance for toxic behaviour.”

What do you think it'd take to clear CoD's community of its reputation? Comment below!
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!
Digmbot

Re: [BLOG] Sledgehammer urge CoD players not to engage in 'toxic behaviour'

Post by Digmbot »

A nuclear bomb, satanic cleansing ritual and the heat death of the universe.
-Digmbot