[BLOG] Valve to announce SteamVR hardware system at #GDC2015

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Valve to announce SteamVR hardware system at #GDC2015

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

GDC will be taking place next week, and Valve have big plans for it or so it seems. They've said that they will be revealing "previously unannounced SteamVR hardware system" alongside the new Steam Controller and other devices for the living room.

SteamVR is nothing new, it's been around for a year already providing support for the Oculus Rift on Steam and was released in a patch. Now it seems to have always been the foundation for Valve's own VR efforts, with a headset prototype having been revealed last year despite public reassurances that for the time being Valve were happy enough to support developers like Oculus rather than make their own VR devices.

Now it seems that their plans are in motion, they're even reaching out for VR creators on Steam with a message that reads: "With the introduction of SteamVR hardware, Valve is actively seeking VR content creators. Are you a developer or publisher interested in experiencing the new SteamVR hardware? We’ll be giving scheduled VR demos during the week of GDC, March 4th-6th, 2015, at Moscone Center in San Francisco."

I guess now we just need to wait and see the reveal to know how far along Valve are with their plans.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!