[BLOG] £2 million reached: Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter ends

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] £2 million reached: Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter ends

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Playtonic Games are a fairly new game studio formed of old hands in the gaming industry. Ex-Rare employees responsible for parts of some of the N64 90s lineup of fondly remembered games, they set out to create a modern game that harkened back to those golden days. They chose to give Banjo and Kazooie successors in the form of lizard Yooka and bat Laylee.

And it paid off massively.

The Kickstarter reached its target in under an hour, it reached £1 million in a matter of days. Now almost 50 days later the Kickstarter has finally closed with every stretch goal met comfortably, pulling in a staggering £2,090,104 together. And the Paypal donation link is still open.

Posting their thanks on the Kickstarter page the team spoke to their backers:

"47 days ago we started this Kickstarter campaign - our first Kickstarter - with little idea of what we were letting ourselves in for... Through these past 47 days we've felt an incredible level of positive support from everyone, whether they opted to back us or not. For that, we are extremely grateful!"

The post concluded by saying that the game was aimed for a rough release time of the end of 2016 and that they hoped it would be a game we could "look back and be proud to be involved with."

I know I'm looking forward to going on my adventure with a new buddy-duo. Just as I did with Banjo-Kazooie as a child.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!