[BLOG] Dark Souls 3 could be last Dark Souls game

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Dark Souls 3 could be last Dark Souls game

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

In an interview with GameSpot, the head of From Software Hidetaka Miyazaki has revealed that it is his desire as well as that of others in the company for them to move onto new projects. And that Dark Souls 3 could be the last Dark Souls game they make.

"I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future.

"I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software."

Whether the IP will be handed to another developer is unknown, but Miyazaki does have a point. From Software have released a lot of games in the last few years with the same style, so you can see why they might want to do something a little bit different. As he put it in the interview:

"I don't care about what type of president I will be in the future or how I'll be remembered, I just believe that [moving on] is necessary in order for players to continue enjoying our games. We have to keep creating quality games and be aggressive about doing new things."

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!