[BLOG] Far Cry 4's Creative Director has an unknown project greenlit

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Far Cry 4's Creative Director has an unknown project greenlit

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Seems there's already new ideas in the pipeline over at Ubisoft Montreal. Through their 'internal entrepreneurial initiative' process, which encourages staff to pitch new ideas to the company in the gap between the AAA titles, Far Cry 4's creative director Alex Hutchinson has had a project greenlit for working on.

While it still has to go through the approval process of Ubisoft's Editorial Team before it can be called a confirmed production for Ubisoft, we do know that other members of the team that worked on Far Cry 4 will be involved as well as some of the development team from Assassin's Creed 3. According to Hutchinson, the job then will be to make something competitive while still keeping costs to a sensible level.

This process has produced games before, Patrick Plourde’s fable-like RPG Child of Light being one of them. So it's not unheard of for a pitched idea to become a fully fleshed out game. Hutchinson hopes to have something ready to show off at the end of 2015.

"Hopefully you're back in a year and I can show you. It won't be finished in a year, but the aim is [to show it]."

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!