[BLOG] #E32015: EA Conference

Digmbot

[BLOG] #E32015: EA Conference

Post by Digmbot »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

EA's conference is done. We got new Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst gameplay, some Star Wars Battlefront...and a  crap ton of sports. Oh, and apparently Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is a thing. Because we all needed more of that, right?

Lets start off with Mass Effect. It has been confirmed that the game is coming Holiday 2016. It has a distinctly more Western (western movie) style feel to it than previous Mass Effect games. As someone who isn't a fan of the series I found myself rather meh about the whole thing, but plenty of people are super hyped.

Need For Speed is back, and it looks like more of the same "edgy  and gritty" story telling. What was different though was that the driving actually looked good. Smooth framerate, great lighting and dynamic racing. Hopefully this is a return to form, before Need For Speed became an every year franchise release.''

Next, we got to meet...Hoop Gawd....the...Gawd of Hoops? Seriously, this may have been the dumbest way ever to show off face scanning tech in a game. EA promises tons of new animations and realistic physics in its new basketball game. Maybe it will actually make basketball entertaining to watch when the physics engine inevitably breaks in hilarious ways. There was some fantasy mod stuff for madden NFL 16 as well, and a bunch of soccer stuff. MOVING ON.

Unravel looks amazing. Possibly the one game that wasn't a sequel or a reboot, the puzzle platformer about a ball of yarn looks amazing, adorable and a ton of fun.

Oh, and there was a card game as well. Is everyone making one of those damn things?

And...thats about it for the EA conference. It was pretty lackluster. I'm not gonna lie, I had trouble staying awake for the whole thing. Even when I went back and watched it again to see what I missed and discovered I had missed...nothing. Except a mind numbingly boring Pele interview.
-Digmbot