[BLOG] SqEnix confirms Nosgoth shut-down

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] SqEnix confirms Nosgoth shut-down

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

After a few years of war between hunters and vampiric creatures of the night, Square Enix have announced today that they are ceasing development on their game Nosgoth.

In a post published on the site by Oghamsmith, the news of the end was announced and while the game will remain online for a little while yet, the game will go offline on May 31st 2016 and the forum on June 14th 2016. The reason for closure was that the game just hadn't grown large enough to make continued operations sustainable apparently, and the team thanked everyone in the community for their "feedback, support and dedication to the game during the closed and open beta phases" of the game.

In a linked FAQ about the end, the team say that they will offer refunds to anyone who had made a purchase in the game since March 1st 2016, and that all eligible refunds will be processed within the next 14 days. Definitive Pack sales on the Steam Store will be processed from the week commencing April 18th 2016. Runestones and Gold are also no longer purchasable although Gold can still be earned in-game through completed public matches.

There will be no more planned updates or league seasons for Nosgoth, although the Nosgoth Open Beta Cup Series will continue to run in April as usual. As for any future game in the Legacy of Kain franchise, the FAQ says that they will be judged "independently of Nosgoth and on the merits of the proposals alone."

It's a sad end to a game that was promising, and a lot of fun when I tried it at an Insomnia event a year and a half back.

If you want more information, visit the site post here or the FAQ here.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!