Guild Wars 2 Beta second half of 2011

WiseMasterUk

Guild Wars 2 Beta second half of 2011

Post by WiseMasterUk »

Do you want the good news or the bad news? The good news is that Guild Wars 2 fans hoping to get their hands on this title this year may get their wish -- but the bad news is that it looks as though the release is still a while away.

According to Eurogamer, Guild Wars 2 will enter beta testing in the second half of this year. The news came out in a conference call with NCsoft's Jaeho Lee, who also indicated that the title wouldn't release until 2012:
"Starting from year 2012, we believe substantial growth will be driven by new blockbuster titles like Blade & Soul]and Guild Wars 2. Also, Guild Wars 2 will go into beta testing stage in the second half of this year."
However, until we hear a definite release date, we'll take this with a pinch of salt, especially considering that ArenaNet's mantra is "When it's ready" -- and this isn't the first time Lee has said something similar. Hopefully, "ready" will come quickly.

Source:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/05/18 ... y-release/
Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta second half of 2011

Post by Lonesamurai »

Aye, excited huh :D
WiseMasterUk

Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta second half of 2011

Post by WiseMasterUk »

Loving what I have seen from all the guild wars 2 media so far, but it does seem like an entirely new game rather than a sequel , I suppose this is good and bad because having played guild wars for over 5 years now, a graphically superior clone of the original would just ruin it for me, but again if it was just too different and didn't have the guild wars feel to it than I think it would put me off.

But to be honest I personally think that I will probably spend another 5 years playing guild wars 2