[BLOG] The Progress of BFF or Die

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] The Progress of BFF or Die

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Even when a game is presented on a show, it doesn't mean that it's reaching the end of its creation journey. Sometimes when you'll see is an earlier, still in development stage and that can mean that it'll be a time before that game you hear about on a show is playable. However, that does leave time for a lot more things to happen during that journey of development.

BFF or Die is one of many games that we've had onto our Indie Game Show in the past, and since its appearance it has gone through much and reached many eyes through the attention gathered from various media outlets. Although it still hasn't set a release date, the friendly co-operative game that emphasizes teamwork will be available on many platforms including PC, Mac, Linux and the two main consoles (PS4 and Xbox One) and has accomplished quite a lot.

Started back in Feb 2015, the game is still in alpha, a version of which is available as a free download from multiple places to try out. Although you can play with just one player, the game is suited more for multiple players and goes all the way up to 4. The point of the game sees you guiding your alien characters through mazes to enable to to keep time travelling forward. While one player will hold the torch light, others will enter the maze to collect what they need while avoiding enemies and being able to make use of decoys, teleportation and more to enable them to escape forward in time. When a friend falls, the level won't end and you will have to go pick them up - in this game no one must get left behind! So far at events over 800 people have played this game, and their feedback has been used to help shape the game's development.

BFF or Die has been chosen for inclusion in many displays of video gaming and technology; including within a 9 month long exhibition on the history of video games, showcased as part of the Square Enix Collective and most recently the developers have been invited to the next PAX in Seattle, USA to show off the game as part of the Intel booth at the event. The game has also won Best Multiplayer Game at the UK leg of Game On 2.0.

Having already cleared Steam Greenlight in 6 days, the developers of Honey Tribe Studio recently started up a Kickstarter for the game. Rewards for this include special 3D printed figures, access to an online multiplayer mode before it launches publicly and even tickets to the launch party!

If you're interested, the game will also be shown a bit nearer to home soon at Multiplay's Insomnia 58 event. I'll be there again, and if you fancy giving this game a go come along. Having tried it in the past I'd say it's certainly worth a go. Otherwise, check out the downloadable alpha in one of the links below.

Alpha Demo: [Itch.io] [Indie DB] [GameJolt]

Kickstarter: [x]
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!